Out of School Time Policy
Since there is no one department, organization or agency responsible for afterschool and summer programming in Maryland, MOST plays a key role in connecting systems, programs and resources. To stay informed about policy related issues sign up for our e-mail newsletter The Out of School Times. Our policy work has focused on:
Advocating for expanded funding for afterschool and summer programming.
- Supporting Federal Advocacy - MOST participates in regular afterschool policy calls with the Afterschool Alliance to track relevant federal policy and legislation. When needed, we mobilize local constituents to reach out to our congressional representatives.
- MOST works with other advocates and champions at the state level to improve policy and funding.
- MOST supports advocacy at the local level in coalition with other groups.
Supporting increased awareness, coordination and collaboration.
- MOST organizes a number of events each year to educate and engage a variety of audiences about the importance of afterschool and summer programming. In addition to special events we coordinate an annual advocacy night.
- MOST participates in a wide variety of coalitons and committees to support connections across youth issues to Out of School Time.