The Maryland Out of School Time Network proudly serves as a statewide intermediary sponsor for AmeriCorps VISTA projects supporting more and better afterschool and summer programs for Maryland youth. Now in the 7th year of operation, our AmeriCorps VISTA program members serve as a catalyst for change, living and working alongside community members to advance local solutions. MOST VISTA members find creative and lasting solutions to build capacity for out of school time and youth development organizations working towards:
- Inspiring the future STEM workforce by engaging youth in high quality STEM learning opportunities
- Eliminating childhood hunger by increasing the number of meals served by OST programs and enriching those programs with quality nutrition/health education
- Supporting innovative projects that expand access, improve quality, facilitate collaboration, and create new initiatives for OST programs statewide.
For more information, please contact Andrew Neuman, VISTA Project Director : firstname.lastname@example.org
"Being an AmeriCorps VISTA member seemed to be the perfect opportunity to become immersed in my local community and establish lasting cycles of transformation.
I am proud of being a catalyst in establishing relationships that will exist well beyond my AmeriCorps VISTA term of service and contribute to the long-term eradication of hunger among school-aged youth in Baltimore City."
- Phillip Clarke, former MOST VISTA Member
"I've been a VISTA for almost a full year now and it has been one of the most rewarding experiences I have ever participated in. I have grown more professionally in this last year than I could have ever imagined. I feel as though I am truly making a difference in my community and love that I get to help drive the change in an area of such high need. Everyone should consider AmeriCorps at some point in their lives, I have never been happier!"
-Kate Gitchell , VISTA Member
- Modest living allowance paid every two weeks
- Generous leave time: 10 personal and 10 medical leave days; federal holidays and other leave recognized by service sites
- Enrollment in AmeriCorps VISTA Health Benefit Program
- Relocation allowance for new VISTAs moving over 50 miles to serve
- Childcare subsidy for qualifying VISTAs
- Ongoing training and professional development throughout year of service
- Choice of $5,920 education award or $1,800 cash stipend
- Non-competitive eligibility for federal employment for one year
- Relocation allowance to cover costs of returning to permanent residence after service
- Access to a national network of alumni
Become a VISTA Member
Apply to our open 2019-2020 AmeriCorps VISTA Listings today!
Help Maryland 4-H in building capacity to provide a supportive and inclusive setting for youth to reach their fullest potential in a diverse society.
MD Food Bank is looking for a driven individual who is excited about creating new initiatives, believes in nourishing kids through good nutrition, and wants to network with like-minded people.
Northstar Baltimore (NB) is a free one-on-one tutoring/mentoring program that provides educational and social support to underserved communities.
To ensure all people have a fair chance to compete in this economy, Code in the Schools is expanding its current computer science (CS) pipeline program to middle school students.
Interested in hosting a VISTA Project with MOST? Fill out the form below: