In addition to our policy work, MOST has embarked on a number of initiatives designed to strengthen the quality of programs and forward innovation in the field.
- AmericorpsVISTA - MOST serves as a state-wide intermediary for AmeriCorps VISTA projects related to afterschool and summer programs.
- Digital Badges - Making the learning that happens in OST programs visible and recognized
- Emerging Leaders - A Leadership Development program for individuals who work with older youth in Baltimore City.
- Healthy Behaviors - Encouraging OST Programs to build healthy environments and incorporate best practices in physical education, food access, and nutrition education.
- Afterschool and Summer Meals - MOST conducts outreach to encourage participation in Federal nutrition programs for youth
- Inclusion - Supporting access to OST programs for ALL of Maryland's young people.
- Literacy - Connecting afterschool and summer programs to efforts to promote literacy and grade-level reading
- MENTOR - MOST will host the Maryland Affiliate to the National Mentoring Partnership to increase the quality and quantity of mentoring relationships statewide.
- STEM - Providing systemic support to OST programs to incorporate high-quality STEM learning.
- Maryland Regional Technovation Challenge - An all-girls STEM/Entrepreneurship competition.
- Zero Robotics - Learn more about this STEM challenge that's truly out of this world.
- Youth Program Quality Assessment - Supporting continuous program quality improvement.