MOST has embarked on a number of initiatives designed to strengthen the quality of programs and forward innovation in the field.
- AmericorpsVISTA - MOST serves as a state-wide intermediary for AmeriCorps VISTA projects that increase access to or quality of afterschool and summer learning programs.
- Maryland MENTOR - MOST relaunched Maryland Affiliate to the National Mentoring Partnership (MENTOR) to increase the quality and quantity of mentoring relationships statewide.
- Maryland Coalition for Community Schools (MD4CS) - A new coalition focused on expanding implementation of the Community School Strategy statewide.
- Career and College Readiness - A new initiative focused on increasing Out of School Time (OST) program intentionality and knowledge related to career and college readiness best practices.
- STEM Systems Building - Offering professional learning community (STEMBassadors), building capacity through STEM VISTA projects and working to improve policies to foster informal science learning opportunities.
- Inclusion - Providing the Getting from Yes to How helpline technical assistance to programs and supporting training and professional development on inclusive practices.