MOST has embarked on a number of initiatives designed to strengthen the quality of programs and forward innovation in the field.
- MOST COVID-19 OST Census - MOST is conducting a COVID-19 census to learn about the effects of the current health crisis on the state’s out of school time programming. All OST program providers are invited to participate in this statewide survey.
- AmericorpsVISTA - MOST serves as a state-wide intermediary for AmeriCorps VISTA projects that increase access to or quality of afterschool and summer learning programs.
- Maryland MENTOR - MOST relaunched Maryland Affiliate to the National Mentoring Partnership (MENTOR) to increase the quality and quantity of mentoring relationships statewide.
- Maryland Coalition for Community Schools (MD4CS) - A new coalition focused on expanding implementation of the Community School Strategy statewide.
- Career and College Readiness - A new initiative focused on increasing Out of School Time (OST) program intentionality and knowledge related to career and college readiness best practices.
- STEM Systems Building - Offering professional learning community (STEMBassadors), building capacity through STEM VISTA projects and working to improve policies to foster informal science learning opportunities.
- Inclusion - Providing the Getting from Yes to How helpline technical assistance to programs and supporting training and professional development on inclusive practices.